Friday, May 1, 2009

A Quiet Friday Evening

Well, here it is . . . Friday evening, actually it's about 10:18pm . . . despite my plan to curl up in bed and read by 10pm, I am still sitting at my computer working, writing, now blogging.


The house is quiet, except for the playing of Car Guy's Sign of the Beaver tape and Nibbles the bunny's attempts at hopping. Curly Girl and her father are out of town for the weekend, so it's just the little guy and I spending some mom-and-son-time together. We don't have any big plans for tomorrow- just some errands in the morning, Car Guy will be getting spoiled by his grandmother in the afternoon (I do have a new running route I plan to try out then), and a movie night in the evening (probably The Shaggy D.A. or Spy Kids). I do also have a painful amount of work to do (I'm definitely in the "feast" part of freelancing, at the moment, and had to actually turn down some work this week), and I need to figure out the school plans for the upcoming week.

Aside from that, I'm still immersed in the rather introspective mood that has possessed me for the last few months. It's not a bad or mopey mood, just a thought-provoking one sprung from having more quiet time than I am used to. I certainly have plenty (ok, more than plenty) to do, but the daily chaos of children constantly needing my complete, undivided attention has begun to subside. Seven-year-old Car Guy can now play outside without me having to keep an eagle eye on him. Eleven-year-old Curly Girl enjoys reading, drawing, or playing her keyboard in her room by herself. Hubby is involved with his own activities and seems to be out of town or out of the house a lot lately. So, solitude is mine.

I've always craved solitude and need time to myself. Some people, my husband is one of them, feed off the energy of others and always want to be out among the masses. I, on the other hand, require time to myself to recharge. I adore my friends and family, and I love to travel and try new things, but, at the end of the adventure, I am always ready to retreat to my home and my thoughts. Which is what I am doing tonight, but, for some reason, this evening I also feel like sharing or talking, as it is.

No big reveal, no big moment. . . just me, plain and simple, that's it. For your listening pleasure, the play list includes assorted songs I have been listening to this evening. I admit that the Bill Ricchini song is painfully narcissistic, but I never said I was modest or humble. The song's actual title is "Angela," not Track-02 as the play list incorrectly states.

I hope you have a relaxing weekend. I'll be here writing, running, and ruminating.

No comments:

Post a Comment