Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Finished!!!

WooHoo! Party time over here! I have finally finished writing my most recent literature guide and sent it to the publisher. I am so super-happy to get this set of books off my to-do list. Since March, I have been working on the guides for Avi's Wolf Rider, in addition to the twenty-hour a week writing project I have also been working on since the beginning of the year.

In a shameless bit of self-promotion and to try to explain what-in-the-world I write, here are some of the guides I have written over the past three years. Literature guides are geared toward teachers to use when teaching a novel in the classroom. Guides include vocabulary, comprehension activities, literary activities, tests, and projects for the teacher to utilize.


The Wolf Rider guide that I just completed is for Novel Units. For this company, I have also created guides for Deborah Ellis's The Breadwinner, Jeanne DuPrau's The City of Ember, Gary Paulsen's Brian's Return, and Karen Hesse's The Music of Dolphins (I finished it just before Christmas, so I don't have a hard copy yet of it.)

To see specific examples of the literature guides, check out the Secondary Solutions website. They have published my guides for Natalie Babbitt's Tuck Everlasting and Lois Lowry's The Giver. The guide for Jerry Spinelli's Maniac Magee hasn't been released yet, but, hopefully, it will be out soon.

Links to see specific examples:

http://www.4secondarysolutions.com/Tuck_Everlasting.htm

http://www.4secondarysolutions.com/Giver.htm


http://www.educyberstor.com/store/novelunits/

Ok, the commercial is over. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to do huge rewrites for the Wolf Rider guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment