Thursday, June 11, 2009

La, La, La, La, La,

Yes, I am sticking my fingers in my ears and singing at the top of my lungs. I am trying to drown out the noise of everything productive that I should be doing.

For some reason, the more I have to do, the less I actually desire to be productive. As I sat down to work about an hour ago, I promised myself that I would abstain from blogging until I had completed one of my three current writing projects. In addition to my regular twenty-hour a week job, I'm also working on another standardized testing project. Those projects by themselves wouldn't be too overwhelming, but a "request" for some rather extensive rewrites came in yesterday from another job that I thought I had completed and put out of my mind a month ago. That project is the one I need to finish before blogging, but you can see where I am instead of being productive.

Since I'm not quite sure where to start on the rewrites, I'm suffering from a bit of writer's paralysis. In an effort to further evade productivity, I have also been scouting my book collection for a tome to sink my teeth into over the weekend. I'm currently leaning toward The Historian unless anyone has a better suggestion for a juicy, escapist novel.

You'll be able to gauge my writing progress by how frequently I blog over the next week (Two of the projects are due next weekend). If I am productively writing and staying on task, I won't be around here much. If I am dealing with writer's block, I'll probably blog, go for a run, or box on Wii Fit to release my frustration. Currently, I am playing mind games with myself along the lines of, "Stay focused and write for an hour and then you can read a trashy novel in the massage chair for fifteen minutes." It's all about personal bargaining chips at this point.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

P.S. I've also been wasting time searching for interesting music for the blog playlist. What do you think of the Paolo Nutini tunes? I love them, but I especially like the name Paolo Nutini.

No comments:

Post a Comment