Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Photography Bug

I think I may have been bitten by the photography bug again. I've always loved photographs, especially black and white ones. Several Ansel Adams prints hang throughout my home, and a Robert Doisneau print ventured to college with me and hung in my bedroom for many years after graduation.

Way back in high school and college, I would frequently head outside to see what bits of nature I could capture with my camera. During that phase, I snapped two of my all-time favorite images at a 1990 Pops in the Park symphony by the lake concert.




In the past fifteen years, though, I just haven't taken the time to look at nature through a lens. Yesterday, in hopes of changing my recent lack of creativity, I grabbed my camera and ventured outside. Curly Girl and Car Guy were taking afternoon classes at our local Environmental Center which has marvelous trails and a fabulous Greenway. So while Car Guy was learning about signs of the seasons and Curly Girl was orienteering, I seized the opportunity to tramp through the woods with my camera.












The first signs of spring are just beginning to appear. I absolutely love watching the Bradford pear trees and forsythia bloom, but my favorites are the lavender tulip and pink dogwood trees. I can hardly wait until they really burst forth in another week or two. I hope you are able to enjoy spring and its marvelous beauty, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment