Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Beginning a Blog

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, but haven’t for a variety of reasons. I kept debating if a blog would be too self-indulgent, too revealing, or if anyone would really care. Besides, does the world really need another blog?

Regardless, I have decided to forge ahead. So to start off, here are a few things about me:

1. Growing up, I hated that my parents kept such close tabs on me. Now I am thankful for it because it kept me out of trouble.

2. I wasn’t a very good roommate in college- too many late nights, too much fun, and I wasn’t used to always having someone around.

3. Working as a retail buyer for five years rid me of any desire to shop.

4. I enjoy cooking and baking- two things I never thought I would do.

5. I love cheese fondue, strawberries dipped in chocolate, chocolate and peanut butter together, brie, and real French baguettes.

6. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History and Political Science from Duke University and an Elementary Education certification from Salem College.

7. I used to want thin, straight hair. Now I like my naturally curly, thick hair. I still straighten it sometimes, though.

8. I’m a home school mom of two kids. Coming home to my kids was the best decision my husband and I ever made.

9. I lost fifteen pounds during the first trimester of my first pregnancy.

10. I’m pretty apathetic about adults who mess up their own lives, but I have no tolerance for adults who mess up their children’s lives.

11. I can’t sit still and just veg out. This drives my husband crazy.

12. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park at Disney World; Fantasyland is my favorite part of the Magic Kingdom.

13. I subscribe to Southern Living and Our State magazines and read them both cover to cover every month.

14. I have the opinion that if I want something done right I need to do it myself.

15. I have attended pig races at the State Fair, a demolition derby, and short-track car racing just because my son wanted to go.

16. I feel like I haven’t lived up to my potential when I hear about the amazing things some of my sorority sisters and college friends have accomplished.

17. I didn’t see the need for universal health coverage until unemployment hit our family.

18. I like to know what is going on in the world, but I don’t watch the news all the time because I find it too negative and stressful.

19. I work from home part-time as a freelance writer.

20. I find a deep conversation incredibly appealing.



No comments:

Post a Comment